SAVE THE DATE! JOIN THE FUN!
Fort Hunt Park
8999 Fort Hunt Road (off George Washington Memorial Parkway)Alexandria – Site B-001
Saturday, September 7, 2019 – Noon – 3:00 pm
In order for us to have adequate water and soft drinks available, please let us know that you are coming and how many adults and children you are bringing as guests. Please register by clicking here
The UAA will have its annual picnic on Saturday, September 7 at Fort Hunt picnic area. Our get together is scheduled from noon until 3:00pm. We hope everyone will come and bring other alumni, children, guitars, games, etc. The parking lot is a very short stroll to the sheltered picnic area, so we will proceed rain or shine.
Based on the enthusiastic response in prior years, we will repeat our successful covered-dish lunch, with participants bringing dishes to share. We will provide non-alcoholic beverages and water, table covers, paper goods, cups and plastic flatware. Please bring your own wine and beer – and some to share. The area has a liquor license, but for wine and beer only.
Please bring one dish sufficient for 6 to 8 people. If you have a special dish that would be great. Otherwise, please bring a dish according to the following categories:
- People with last names beginning A through D, a salad or side dish.
- People with last names beginning E through M, a main dish.
- People with last names beginning N through R, an appetizer.
- People with last names beginning S through Z, a dessert.
Directions: Fort Hunt is South of Alexandria and just north of Mount Vernon.
- From I-395, take exit 10B for the southbound George Washington Memorial Parkway.
- Merge onto the parkway and continue for about 12 miles.
- Turn right onto Fort Hunt Road.
- Continue to Fort Hunt Park.
- Follow signs to Site B-001.