USAIDALUMNI.org will publish job and volunteer offerings without charge according to the following guidelines: 1) the position must be relevant to the interests and skills of the Association membership, 2) the job must be actually available (i.e. not an effort to troll for names to be used in proposals), 3) including links for more information and/or contact, postings must not exceed 12 lines in length, and 4) a date by which the posting can be removed from the website must be included. Send job/volunteer offerings to: email@example.com.
Current Job Listings
- Retired USAID Controller sought for CFO position at the American University of Afghanistan (AUAF). AUAF is a private, independent, non-sectarian institution of higher education based in Kabul. AUAF implements an American model of higher education, replicating a liberal arts, student-centered, critical thinking learning model with the mission of training future leaders in Afghanistan. AUAF is supported by USAID, the US State Department and other donors. AUAF is looking for a full-time CFO but would also be interested in short-term (3-6 months) consultancies for USAID retirees not ready to work full-time and longer-term. Please contact Scott Brant, Vice-President for Operations and Finance (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information. During this COVID pandemic, the CFO could work remotely, especially for a retired USAID controller short-term consultant who could start immediately.
- Candidate Coaches in USAID HR Department. The objective is to obtain senior level coaching, counseling and advisory services to USAID’s Foreign Service Officers (FSOs) that were hired during the 2008-2012 Development Leadership Initiative (DLI) and the on-going hiring of new FSOs as part of the Career Candidate Corp (C3) Initiative.
- The Career Candidate Corps (C3) is a program to sustain the size of USAID’s Foreign Service workforce. The primary objective is to increase the size of USAID’s overseas presence, enhancing the Agency’s capability to effectively deliver U.S. foreign assistance. This chapter also applies to Career Candidates hired under the Development Leadership Initiative (DLI) recruitment effort from 2008-2012. The C3 Program is intended to enable USAID to maintain a robust, highly qualified overseas workforce, especially in key technical areas.
- Career Candidates include Junior Officers (JOs) and a limited number of Mid-level Officers (MLs). The program provides Career Candidates with an orientation to USAID, selected training courses on Agency operations, and any necessary language training, followed by a directed assignment overseas. The primary intent is to increase the size of USAID’s overseas presence to enhance the Agency’s capacity to deliver U.S. foreign assistance.
- Click here to review the Job Title, Description, Requirements and a link to apply.
- Assignment and Career Counselors in USAID HR Department. The objective of this contract is to obtain senior level assignment and career counseling advisory services to USAID’s Foreign Service Officers (FSOs) hired during the 2008-2012 Development Leadership Initiative (DLI) and the on-going hiring of new FSOs as part of the Career Candidate Corp (C3) Initiative. These Assignment and Career Counseling (ACC) positions will be located in the Office of Human Capital and Talent Management’s (HCTM) Foreign Service Center (FSC).
- Assignment and Career Counselors (ACCs) are the initial HCTM/FSC contact for a cadre of nearly 1800 Foreign Service Officers (FSOs) in technical and support backstops at the junior (C3), mid-career (DLI), and senior levels.
- ACCs will be responsible for a cadre of C3s, DLIs and FSOs from the following skill or backstop areas: agriculture; private enterprise; health; education; economics; environment; crisis, stabilization and governance; engineering; program/project development; financial management; procurement; executive management; and legal advisors.
- Click here to review the Job Description, Job Requirements and a link to apply.
Through Capefox, USAID is recruiting for 3 new Assignment and Career Counselors and 3 new coaches under our agreement with CapeFox. Links to the announcements are below (as of 07/28/20):*Career Candidate Coach
*Assignment & Career Counselor
- Human Domain Solutions, LLC, is seeking former US Agency for International Development (USAID) employees to support periodic DoD exercises as role players as part of a exercise Country Team. Exercises last between 3 to 10 days. At least a valid and current SECRET level clearance is required but a waiver may be possible. Work is as an Independent Contractor. The next exercise dates are 4-9 October 2020 in West Virginia. Please contact Kurt Marisa at email@example.com or telephone/text: 703-853-0928. (posted 07/02/20)
- Zamorano University in Tegucigalpa, Honduras is seeking a new President, ideally starting in early 2021. Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have the following basic qualifications and deep interest in the work:
- experience in education and/or socioeconomic development;
- formal education and/or professional experience in Agriculture or the Food System;
- fluency in Spanish and English;
- Postgraduate studies (doctorate desirable but not essential), and
- Demonstrated success in working with small and large private and governmental donors and/or funding agencies.
- Click here if you would like to read the search information. (Posted August 16, 2020)
- AFSA Opportunity! The American Foreign Service Association (AFSA) invites retired USAID Foreign Service Officers to join the organization. We make no secret of it: if you are not currently a member of AFSA, we want you to re-join. Retirees bring special strengths to AFSA, including a deep knowledge of our profession. At the same time, there are many benefits to AFSA membership in retirement – and the cost is up to one-half less than for active duty personnel. You will stay connected through AFSA’s award-winning Foreign Service Journal, curated news “bites” in AFSA’s Daily Media Digest, your local FS association, and local or virtual events, such as Ambassador Bill Burns on the current state of diplomacy and AFSA President Eric Rubin’s reports on critical trends. You will stay engaged and advocating through AFSA’s Speakers’ Bureau and supporting AFSA’s powerful voice on the Hill. You will stay smart through AFSA’s Federal Benefits programming, which offers expert advice on retirement benefits issues, and “Next Stage” programming on transitioning from the FS to new careers and vocations. Finally, members have access to AFSA’s One-Stop Shop for information germane to retirees, AFSA’s bimonthly Retirement Newsletter, and the expertise of AFSA’s Retirement Benefits Counselor, Dolores Brown. To join AFSA in retirement, please visit our website or email us at email@example.com.