USAIDALUMNI.org will publish job and volunteer offerings without charge according to the following guidelines: 1) the position must be relevant to the interests and skills of the Association membership, 2) the job must be actually available (i.e. not an effort to troll for names to be used in proposals), 3) including links for more information and/or contact, postings must not exceed 12 lines in length, and 4) a date by which the posting can be removed from the website must be included. Send job/volunteer offerings to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current Job Listings
- New! Dexis Online. Dexis Consulting is currently recruiting for a Human Resources Specialist consultant to support USAID/Mozambique in Maputo for 4-6 months. This position is part of the Southern Africa Mission Support contract and will serve as a member of the USAID/Mozambique/HO team. Interested candidates can find more information at https://careers-dexisonline.icims.com/jobs/2024/human-resources-specialist%2c-usaid-southern-africa-mission-support-%28sams%29/job. (12/16/19)
- Seeking Volunteer for UAA Website Management Training – With David Cohen’s long and selfless stint at the helm of the UAA Website tapering down, Tish Butler has volunteered to try to fill his very large shoes. However, it makes sense that content and management of the website be shared, rather than leaning on only one valiant volunteer. Please consider offering your computer know-how to David and Tish, for training and future involvement in this important endeavor. WordPress is not hard to learn! Email David (email@example.com) and/or Tish (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions or would like to join in.
- Volunteer Opportunity – Non-Profit Board of Directors Member. Edu-Futuro, a community-based organization based in Northern Virginia, is currently seeking locally based candidates to serve on its Board of Directors. Edu-Futuro helps immigrant youth and their families navigate the US public school system and mentors immigrant high school students on how to apply for college admissions and financial assistance. More information about Edu-Futuro’s programs can be found at www.edu-futuro.org. Board members serve for up to two 3-year terms and contribute to the organization in setting policy and program goals, monitoring performance, raising funds and approving annual plans/budgets. Time commitments include bi-monthly meetings, some committee work and support for Edu-Futuro’s annual fund-raising Gala. Foreign language skills are helpful but not required. Interested candidates should email their expression of interest with any questions they may have to the Edu-Futuro Board Vice-President, Phillip E. Church (USAID, 1970-95), at Phil@edu-futuro.org. All expressions of interest will receive a response. 12/31
- The Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA) is hiring individuals to serve as Personal Services Contractors (PSCs). USAID/OFDA is responsible for providing emergency non-food humanitarian assistance in response to international crisis and disasters, and leads the USG’s humanitarian assistance efforts overseas, responding to an average of 70 disasters in over 50 countries a year. OFDA is looking for qualified humanitarian professionals to serve in Washington, DC and Internationally as Regional Advisors, Policy Advisors, Program Officers, Training Specialists, Administrative Specialists, Communication Specialists, and Team Leaders. Full announcements of open positions can be found at www.ofdajobs.net. PSC positions are open to U.S. Citizens only.
- Peace Corp Response Program: The Peace Corps Response Program complements the traditional 2-year Peace Corps tour by providing volunteers to do short term (3-12 months), high impact projects to address critical needs in host countries. Many of these volunteer slots have been opened recently to professionals with at least 10 years of experience. Although many USAID alumni are returned Peace Corps Volunteers, even those who are not possess exactly the kind of skills needed as a Peace Corps Response Volunteer. These positions come with the same benefits as the 2-year program, including travel to and from the country of service, full medical benefits, and a living stipend. To learn more about the program and view open positions, visit: peacecorps.gov/response. New positions are posted on this website as they are requested by the host country, so please check back regularly. For additional information and response to any questions, please contact Allison McReynolds at email@example.com.