The UAA Bulletin Board is the town square of the Association which provides recent information of interest and importance to Alumni. We encourage local members and those outside the D.C. area to provide us with the development-related articles published in local news media. You can submit items to post by sending them to Office@usaidalumni.org, subject: UAA Bulletin Board.
To read recently posted articles, please click on the number 1 on the left side of the page.
Please consider registering
April 22, 2016
Today (03/23/2021), the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) welcomes Gideon Maltz as the Agency’s Chief of Staff. Gideon joins the growing body of Biden-Harris appointees that continue to build out the Agency with wide-ranging expertise. They look forward to contributing to the world’s premier development agency as part of a vibrant, dedicated workforce, representing the best of the American people.
Together, the team, celebrating 60 years of successes, will build the USAID of tomorrow, leading and always innovating international development and humanitarian efforts to save lives, reduce poverty and strengthen democracy. (The bios of Gideon Maltz and the Senior Staff below can be accessed at this URL: https://diplopundit.net/2021/03/23/samantha-power-before-sfrc-on-3-23-usaid-announces-19-new-biden-harris-appointees/)
• Travis Adkins, Deputy Assistant Administrator, Bureau for Africa
• Jeremy Bernton, Executive Secretary, Office of the Executive Secretariat
• Natasha Bilimoria, Deputy Assistant Administrator, Bureau for Global Health
• Nikole Burroughs, Deputy Assistant to the Administrator, Bureau for Policy, Planning, and Learning
• Sarah Charles Phillips, Assistant to the Administrator, Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance
• Gabi Chojkier, Deputy Assistant Administrator for Public Affairs, Bureau for Legislative and Public Affairs
• Megan Doherty, Deputy Assistant Administrator, Bureau for Middle East
• Mileydi Guilarte, Deputy Assistant Administrator, Bureau for Latin America and the Caribbean
• Diala Jadallah-Redding, Deputy Assistant Administrator for Legislative Affairs, Bureau for Legislative and Public Affairs
• Anjali Kaur, Deputy Assistant Administrator, Bureau for Asia
• Jeremy Konyndyk, Executive Director for COVID-19, Office of the Administrator
• Zeppa Kreager, White House Liaison
• Mike Michener, Deputy Assistant to the Administrator, Bureau for Resilience and Food Security
• Raj Panjabi, President’s Malaria Initiative Coordinator, Bureau for Global Health
• Neilesh Shelat, Deputy Assistant to the Administrator, Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance
• Michele Sumilas, Assistant to the Administrator, Bureau for Policy, Planning, and Learning
• Margaret Taylor, General Counsel
• Rebecca Wexler, Special Advisor, Office of the Administrator
With the exception of Jeremy Konyndyk who previously served in the Obama Administration from 2013-2017 as the director of USAID’s Office of US Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA), all are new political appointees to USAID; some previously worked on the Hill, NGOs, consulting firms, or think tanks. Also Rebecca Wexler, who is the new Special Advisor to the Office of the Administrator, previously served as Special Assistant to the U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. when Samantha Power was at USUN.
Most Users Ever Online: 58
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 3
Newest Members:Don Abalos, Kristina Short
Moderators: Kristina Short: 1, Don Abalos: 0
Administrators: USAID Alumni Webmaster: 1, dcohen: 340, avandusen: 1, Ven Suresh: 15, Tish Butler: 65